Saturday, November 14, 2009

Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies

I love Andes Mints. They are the minty chocolate mint of mints! Anyway, I love putting them in baking stuff. I remember making brownies a long time ago with my zesty friend, Colleen, and having the brilliant idea to chop up the mints and add them to the batter (this was before they starting selling baking chips), and man, they were gooooooood. Well, I decided to try some cookies this time - also excellent! And my husband topped it off by whipping up some cream cheese frosting (which basically makes anything better).

Andes Mint Cookies

So, this is recipe is a basic cookie with the chips. Nothing fancy, but very tasty. I altered it to a chocolate cookie dough by decreasing the flour by approx 1/3 cup and adding in 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder.


1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 (10 oz) package Andes Mint baking chips (I never use quite as much as a recipe calls for, because I like to snack on them plain as well)
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350. Blend butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and eggs until all ingredients are well mixed. Add baking chips and mix in. Add in flour until well blended. (Chill dough if needed). Take a spoonful of dough - make a ball and then slightly flatten with a cup on a baking sheet. Cook for 8-10 minutes.

Tip: I pushed a few chips in the top of each cookie before I cooked them so that they would look prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment