Monday, January 4, 2010

French Chocolate Silk Pie

My brother used to always make this pie for us when I was growing up at home. I haven't had it for years, but I decided to give it a try when I had a premade piecrust leftover from the Thanksgiving festivities. So a few days after all the pie on Thanksgiving, another pie... but a chocolate french silk pie! I thought that I was all pie'd out, but no, I still had plenty of room to appreciate this one.

Enjoy!

FRENCH SILK PIE (Better Homes and Gardens)


1 cup sugar
¾ cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter (not margarine)
3 squared (3 oz) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1 ½ tsp vanilla
3 eggs
1 9-inch baked pastry shell
Unsweetened whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate curls (optional)

In a small mixer bowl cream sugar and butter about 4 minutes or till fluffy. Stir in cooled chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed of electric mixer after each addition and scraping sides of bowl constantly. Turn into Baked Pastry Shell. Chill several hours or overnight till set. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate curls, if desired. Cover and chill. 

Makes 10 servings.





1 comment:

  1. Planning out my holiday pie plans and I knew this would be a good place to find a yummy one. :-)

    ReplyDelete