You have to give these a try! They are soooooo delicious! I mean, with brownies and cheesecake combined, you really can't go wrong.
Recipe courtesy of epicurious.com
Cheesecake Marbled Brownies
For brownie batter
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped (or just use baking pieces - you can use semi-sweet chocolate chips if you'd like - just add an appropriate amount of sugar for the sweetness)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Heat butter and chocolate in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined. Whisk in flour until just combined and spread in baking pan.
Make cheesecake batter and bake brownies:
Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
Bake until edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 35 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.