Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies (Pizza Factory)

I was in the mood for a "Never on Sundae" last night, like they serve at the Pizza Factory here in Utah. They start with either a super-gooey and delicious brownie or cookie (still warm), and then pile on ice cream, and top it off with caramel sauce and hot fudge. And is there whip cream, too? I don't even remember, but I'm sure that would also be delicious.


Thanks to Laurie Jacobsen for first introducing me to this. Warning: dessert is not for the faint of appetite. I can usually hold my own when it comes to desserts, but this is very rich. I have to share this with someone or I regret it later.


Anyway, I found a recipe for the cookies. Tried it out last night - turned out good - it was pretty comparable to the original - I still think I'll try tweaking it in the future to get it just right.


Pizza Factory Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c butter (1 stick)
1 egg
1/3 c granulated sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp almond extract
1 1/3 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c chocolate chips (or whatever suits your chocolately preference)
1/2 (1.5 oz) box french vanilla pudding mix(or vanilla works)


Cream together butter, eggs, and sugars. Mix in vanilla and almond extract.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and vanilla pudding mix
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large bowl.
Once mixed, stir in chocolate chips.
Drop cookies on baking sheet - I made normal size cookies last night, but I think I would prefer to make them super huge. Also, I'm going to try baking them sometime sheet cookie style.


Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes (do not overcook).


Makes 18-24 depending on the size.


I served with Vanilla Frozen Yogurt rather than Vanilla Ice Cream last night so that they wouldn't be "quite" as fattening. It was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment