Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fast and Easy Oreo Cake Cookies

These cookies are a favorite at my house! And they are soooo easy to make. You can use any cake mix for the cookies to give it a twist, however my favorite is of course none other than chocolate!

Cookies:


1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix (or any other flavor that you like)
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
2 Eggs


Mix together cake mix, butter, and eggs until combined. If really dry, add a little vegetable oil, and/or water to make sure it is all moistened. (I usually have to add a little extra because I'm in a high altitude area). Dough should be moist, but not sticky.

Make 1 inch balls and place onto baking sheet (4 rows of 4 is a good measurement - that should give you plenty of space for that size).


Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

 Cool, then either enjoy plain or frost and with the cream cheese frosting to make the Oreo Sandwiches!


Cream Cheese Frosting/Filling:


4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) Butter softened
4 oz (1/2 package) Cream Cheese, softened
8 oz Confectioner's Sugar (or to taste)
1 Tsp Vanilla (or to taste)


With a mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese. Mix in vanilla.
Gradually add sugar - mix until smooth.


I usually don't like cream cheese frosting/filling super sweet like some, and I tend to like to taste the vanilla. Honestly, this stuff's so easy to make, so you can just mess around with the proportions to make it perfect for you!


Note: After I make the Oreos, I usually put the cookies in to refrigerate for about 20 minutes (if I can wait that long). That just helps the filling set better so that it isn't squeezing out all over the place when you take that first terrific bite.


Makes about 32 cookies, or 16 Oreos.



No comments:

Post a Comment