Friday, October 16, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things.......

I went to lunch today with my husband, Ben, for my birthday. Afterward, he took me over to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (http://www.rmcf.com/) for one of our favorite treats, their oh-so-good caramel apples. Now, if you have not been to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory before, you may not really understand what I'm talking about. Yes, you can get your pretty standard caramel apple there, which is delicious. But just to give you an idea, a few of my favorites are the Key Lime Pie Caramel Apple (caramel, white chocolate, graham cracker, some delicious key lime flavoring), the Snickers Caramel Apple (caramel, milk chocolate, chopped up snickers) and the Toffee Caramel Apple (caramel milk chocolate, toffee), just to name a few.

We also tried some mint truffles there. They were tasty, but a bit pricey at $2/ea. We were expecting our taste buds to explode at that price, but it just didn't happen for us.

Let me tell you though, if you want a good mint truffle, I have found a few that are delicious, and are also a really reasonable price.


Go try to Utah Truffles Mint Bar (dktruffles.com). They are to die for! And I believe I've seen them for around $1.50 at some local grocery stores.

Also good companies - Kara Chocolates (based in Orem, UT), and my other fav-favorite, Alvey's Mint Melts. I have not been able to find these since I attended school up in Logan, UT (USU). They are yummy! I have to know if I can still get them! I will find out and let you all know.

Happy Chocolate-ing, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment