Monday, October 25, 2010

Choktoberfest!

It's starting to get that chill in the air.... in a serious way. I didn't think it was too bad until this morning. Brrr! Winter is right around the corner.


But I don't want to jump the gun just yet.....we still get to celebrate the leaves changing, and with Halloween coming up, let's not forget the chocolate caramel apples!


I just had my birthday a week ago, and my sweetie bought me an awesome caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory - second year in a row! I hope this becomes a delicious tradition :) This year it was covered in chocolate and Reese's peanut butter cups. It was sooooo good! I keep thinking that maybe this week I will have to experiment to make some of my own chocolate caramel apples. We'll see.


So anyway, back to the freezing morning air. It just reminded me that there is one thing I do love about the cold...it's the perfect excuse for drinking hot chocolate! Like.....everyday! I love it just plain, with marshmallows, with whipped cream....or you can always add a candy cane, cinnamon.... so many options! I used to go on 7-Eleven runs and get the hot chocolate there. They had mix ins that you could just squirt in - hazelnut, Irish mint, caramel..... seriously that stuff is good! I don't even know if they still have them anymore. Haven't really been there lately. Now I usually just buy the Stephen's Hot Cocoa and make it on the stove. It's quite delish as well. Or you can always make it "from scratch" with cocoa powder, milk, and sugar like my mom used to back in the day. Anyway, one way or another, it's definitely time to stock up again!


Happy October!

1 comment:

  1. Let me know how they turn out - I've been thinking of making them myself.

    ReplyDelete